Monday 14 July 2014

Twelve cupcakes for priceless smiles

We had 3 maternity tours today. Scheduled tours are at 2.30pm. There were 2 couples for that. Then, for some reason which I cannot remember, there is another couple scheduled at 3pm, and a Mandarin speaking one at 3.30pm. Wow. 3 tours lined back to back. Josephine and I took turns to conduct them, and i was to conduct the Mandarin speaking one. And thats when the Chinese script that you did for me came in handy. Lol.

I was practically just reading off that piece of paper, while trying my best to keep eye contact with the patient. She said she didnt mind at all, as long as she could understand what i was saying. So that tour, was the slowest, and most challenging of all tours i have conducted. I was struggling to get the message across to her and her mother. And they had more than a ton of questions.

When we finally can move down to the lobby where i can explain about the maternity packages, they asked questions right down to the very detail. It kinda annoyed me because the cupcakes had arrived and i wanted to distribute them before everyone went home.

They even started to open up the contents of the maternity goodie bag and asked me what each item was for. Losing my patience, Josephine came to my rescue and i was able to distribute the 10 dozens of cupcakes.

Seeing the beaming faces of my colleagues, i feel the sense of happiness that i love.

Work2 was, although not busy, tiring. I have had a long day...